It’s very easy to miss this step out, but it’s also very easy for your hair to suffer without it. Conditioning is a definite must and here are some reasons why…
- They strengthen your hair
- Improves manageability
- Makes your hair easier to detangle
- Oh so soft 😄
- Moisture galore
If you want softer hair, this is key.
Well, how often do I need to condition my hair?
– This literally depends on the state of your hair. If you are transitioning from relaxed or texturised hair, then I would suggest doing a regular moisturising conditioner at least once a week. A deep conditioner fortnightly. If your hair is doing ‘OK’ and you just want to keep it in good condition, then just do it when you feel that your hair needs it (when it’s dull and dry etc – you’ll know).
I’ve conditioned before and haven’t really noticed any difference, so I’m leaving conditioning out.
– I would say – try a different conditioner and be aware of its ingredients. Or, try a deep conditioner instead of a regular one. Perhaps your hair needs more treatment. Try steaming your hair with the conditioner in as well, you’ll definitely experience super soft hair.
What type of conditioner should I use?
– Well, what does your hair feel/look like? If it’s severely dry and brittle, then I would suggest a moisturising conditioner. If your hair is feeling weak and limp, then you’d need a protein one to strengthen your strands. Also, try the Greenhouse Effect, which is simply applying your favourite oil to your hair, leaving it in any style with a plastic cap over your hair for any amount of time (washing it out is optional).
What’s your favourite conditioner and why?