When it comes to doing my own hair, I’m usually quite clueless. I can do quick puff styles and twist/plait my own hair. However, when it comes to things like protective twists/plaits (with extensions) I had no clue how to do it. Until now 🙂 . One of the things that motivated me was when my friend told me she would only be able to do my hair in the evenings of the following week. I really didn’t want to end up getting home soooo late (singles take quite long), so I thought I would give it a go myself.
Until today. I can’t actually believe I did this by myself, with no help whatsoever. I literally taught myself how to grip my hair and get the extension going. I’m so happy I did this 😀 . Doing your hair your own has SO many benefits:
- It’s free
- You can do it at a time that suits you
- If anything goes wrong you can only be angry at you
- When someone else is doing your hair, even if you tell them, “It’s too tight”, it continues because they can’t feel what you’re feeling.
- It’s a good skill to have – your friends won’t always have time to help you out
- Length retention – it’s good to be able to put your hair in a protective style as soon as you need to, on your own.
I really wanted to put my hair away and … I did. The frustration really motivated me to start and finish. It’s good to learn new things that you can do.
What style do you wish you could do on your own?